The Benefits of Using a Password Manager for Business
Did you know? 81% of breaches are due to weak password security – source Verizon.
In today’s digital age, data security is more important than ever before. Hackers are becoming more sophisticated, and businesses of all sizes are at risk of data breaches. One of the best ways to protect your business data is to use a password manager. Password managers help you create strong, unique passwords for all your accounts and store them in a secure, encrypted database. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the benefits of using a password manager for business.
Using a password manager like Keeper Security provides a number of very valuable benefits both for home users and businesses of all sizes, large and small. We’ll explore some of these and show you just how much easier it will be using the Internet with a password manager than without one.
Whilst this is not a comparison review of the available products on the market we will briefly explore some other options.
Cyber criminals are always on the lookout for vulnerable users and one of the easiest methods of breaching your critical accounts such as online banking, social media and email is your password security. It’s not just how complex the password is, but where it is stored and how it is accessed that determines whether it is cyber secure.
Some benefits include:
One of the main benefits of using a password manager is that it increases the security of your business data. When you use the same password for multiple accounts, you’re putting your business at risk if one of those accounts is hacked. Hackers can then access your other accounts that have the same password. With a password manager, you can create unique passwords for each account, which makes it much more difficult for hackers to access your business data.
Another benefit of using a password manager is that it can improve your productivity. When you have to remember multiple passwords, it can be time-consuming and frustrating. With a password manager, you can easily log in to all your accounts with just a few clicks. This saves you time and frustration so you can focus on running your business.
Greater peace of mind
When you use a password manager, you’ll have greater peace of mind knowing that your business data is secure. With increased security and improved productivity, you’ll be able to focus on what’s important—running your business!
Using Keeper solves of three of these challenges:
1. It is encrypted and cloud hosted so your password vault is secured against unauthorised access with your Master Key
2. It has a password generator with options for alphanumeric and symbols, as well as length and complexity.
3. Sharing passwords is more secure in organisations with shared folders, so the records don’t leave the encrypted vault.
4. Identity and Payments makes auto-filling in card info much more smooth than manual entry and stops snoopers in public areas seeing your card info.
5. Useful features include file upload for attaching sensitive documents to records, BreachWatch notifies you of weak vulnerable passwords and
6. The most important feature of a password manager is the auto fill tool in the browser extension. After thorough testing we are pleased to say Keeper surpasses our expectations with the reliability of the extensions and ease of use. In one or two clicks you can automatically fill the record or generate a new password for a new account securely.
If you’re looking for a way to increase the security of your business data and improve your productivity, consider using a password manager. Password managers help you create strong, unique passwords for all your accounts and store them in a secure, encrypted database. In this blog post, we’ve discussed the benefits of using a password manager for business. Do you have any questions? We’d be happy to answer them!
Keeper is one of the few cybersecurity platforms that use a zero-knowledge
security model, which utilises a unique encryption and data segregation
framework to protect against a remote data breach. In a zero-knowledge
model, the service provider has no knowledge as to what is stored on its
servers. Because Keeper utilises the zero-knowledge model, we have no
way of accessing any of our users’ master passwords.
We are really excited to be working with Keeper and look forward to showing you a demo. For a no obligation call to discuss your requirements and how Keeper can level up your security click below.